Anyone who likes to dive or snorkel on vibrant reefs – in warm, transparent waters, yet not many recognize what they see or the importance of a coral ecosystem.
The Coral Reef Conservation specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats, and teaches you how to protect these vital systems.
Anyone interested in the aquatic world can enroll in this course.
To achieve this non-diver certification, there are no prerequisites, age restrictions or sessions in the water.
Through class discussions you will learn:
- How coral reefs work and the complex nature of life they host.
- Why coral reefs are so important.
- Because many coral reefs are in danger.
- What can you do to prevent further decline.
- How Project AWARE unites divers and water lovers to make a difference.