Information on Participation in Underwater Academy Courses
All courses offered by Underwater Academy are conducted by recognized professional instructors with “ACTIVE” teacher status.
The student must be aware that the activities involved in training for recreational, professional, or non-competitive apnea diving certifications can be dangerous and harmful to the participant.
Before participating in any of the courses offered by Underwater Academy, the student declares under their own responsibility to meet the minimum requirements, which include:
- Being 18 years old or older. If the participant is a minor, the responsible person must be a parent or legal guardian.
- Being in good health and not abusing alcohol or drugs, nor being subject to the continuous use of drugs or psychotropic drugs regularly prescribed by their treating physician.
- Obtaining the medical certificate required by the educational organizations. This certificate must have been issued by a sports medicine doctor and must not be more than six months old.
- Having adequate swimming ability and being able to swim.
- Not having undergone spinal surgery and being in good enough health to move weights of more than 20 kg.
In addition, the student must be aware that participation in Underwater Academy courses requires the use of specific equipment for swimming and underwater diving, and that activities carried out during the course may require performing activities in an underwater environment with physical and environmental limitations.
The main topics covered during the courses are:
- Scuba diving
• Scuba equipment
• Air pressure management
• Underwater buoyancy control
• Breathing techniques
• Mind and body control
• Maximum diving depth
• Safety in freediving
• Physical endurance training
• Swimming with a mermaid tail
• Elegant underwater movements
• Underwater acrobatics
• Use of monofins
• Mermaid costumes
• Snorkeling mask
• Low-depth diving
• Recognition of marine fauna and flora
- First aid:
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Management of bleeding
• Shock treatment